First time here? Mindcamp is an annual creativity conference. If you feel like you’re missing something, check out What is Mindcamp? to find out what the heck this is all about.
Come here often? Add your email to “Follow Us!” (look in the right sidebar) to get an email every time we add a new blog entry, or Like us on Facebook to get updates in your feed.
“All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.” — T.E. Lawrence (thanks, Joe Miguez!)
You will have noticed by now that there’s a theme to what’s emerging on the session page: this year’s theme is DREAM. Here are some thoughts to get you going:
- a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person’s mind during sleep
- a state of mind in which someone is or seems to be unaware of their immediate surroundings
- a cherished aspiration, ambition, or ideal
an unrealistic or self-deluding fantasy
- a person or thing perceived as wonderful or perfect
- experience dreams during sleep
- see, hear, or feel (something) in a dream
- indulge in daydreams or fantasies, typically about something greatly desired
- waste one’s time in a lazy, unproductive way
- contemplate the possibility of doing something that you’re not or that something might be the case that isn’t…until now.
AND we’ve released another 8 sessions: check them out here:
- Susan Abbott: Co-creation in Innovation (90 minutes, Strategies)
- Janice Francisco: Facilitating Intuition (Half-day, Facilitation)
- Michel Neray: From Story to Stage Presence (Half-day, Tools/Techniques)
- Laura Switalski, Tim Switalski: Intentional Change (2 hours, Strategies)
- Paul Groncki: Jung Dreams (90 minutes, Immersion)
- Gina Paigen: The Spaghetti Challenge (2 hours, Immersion)
- Allie Middleton, Brad Wong: Wake Up Dreaming (60 minutes, Body/Mind)
- Lee Dunne, Jeanne Chatigny: Warrior in the World (Half-day, Immersion)
- Ate Stam: Your Dream Job (90 minutes, Insight)
“Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” — Carl Jung
The Mindcamp backpack has been spotted in some pretty amazing places. Mindcamper Natalie Robbins writes:
“The Mindcamp Backpack has been with me all over the world this year: China, Central America, and now Japan. We’ll both see you again in August!”
We’ve released another 8 sessions! Check them out here!
And just to whet your whistle, here’s a quick quiz. First 3 people who EMAIL in (not comment here) complete correct answer sets to contact-at-mindcamp.org win a free drink at Mindcamp!
Match the just-released session with the clue: (Hint: there are 8 clues below, and 8 sessions just released)
- For kids age 12-17
- This one will make Andy Williams sing in your head
- One leader just biked 4,000km; the other walked 250km
- Sounds like a sneeze
- To Infinitude… and beyond!
- Despite its title, will not make hair grow on your palm
- Couldn’t decide on a clue for this one. Better take the session.