Resiliency and the space between impact and renewal
For adults • 2 x 90 minutes
Friday 10:45am • Court 16
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
Between absorbing the impact of failure, hurt, or disappointment—and either succumbing to it or bouncing back, there is a dead zone — that point at which the metaphoric ball that is your energy is completely still against the wall it has encountered. The question is will you deflate and fall to the ground, or will you harness your compressed energy to bounce back even stronger.
In this session Greg will help you discover and apply the latest work and research in this field from Martin Seligman, Travis Bradberry, Charles Duhigg, and others. Learn and practice how to identify and foster, in your own life and work, the basic elements of well-being including: positive emotion, engagement, relationships, meaning, achievement, and the “BiG Picture.” Compare and contrast how you experience resilient thinking and non-resilient thinking – and acting – through daily practice and rituals. Come and learn how to build your “happiness” muscle.
Explore the power of practicing in the ‘space between’ and learn tools and exercises for strengthening your resiliency muscles. Finally, make this the beginning of your journey to raise your *Happiness Set Point*.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Begin developing your personal daily and weekly resiliency habits
- Learn and apply five specific tools for building resilience into your life
- Shift your happiness *Happiness Set Point* and get more joy out of life
Greg Zlevor is the founder and director of Westwood International, a company dedicated to executive education, coaching, consulting, and cultural improvement. He coaches executives, doctors, and specialists around the world. He facilitates strategic planning sessions, executive retreats, and leadership development programs.
His work has taken him around the world including Europe, Asia, North America, South America and Australia. He is the founder of FOG, an annual gathering to pursue and investigate organizational leadership, personal development, and community building.
Zlevor earned his MA in Spirituality and Pastoral Ministry from Boston College and his BA in Biology from Lawrence University. He has completed post-graduate training in organizational development and has been published in several books, including The Change Champion’s Field Guide. Greg loves to start his day with meditation and end it with a Green Bay Packers’ victory.
This is Greg’s first year presenting at Mindcamp.
All Friday 10:45am sessions:
- Boost Your Bliss! Radically reliable self-confidence (Laila Ghattas)
- Bounce! Resiliency and the space between impact and renewal (Greg Zlevor)
- From Story to Stage Bridging the space between you and your audience (Michel Neray)
- Gamification When the game becomes serious (Sylvain Rouillard, Guillemette Goglio)
- Graphic Recording Bootcamp Practice, play and draw together! Polish your visual vocabulary! (Tanya Gerber)
- Navigating Cultural Differences The key to creating diverse and inclusive environments (Hamlin Grange)
- Stepping into Coherence Aligning creativity and purpose (Francois Coetzee)
- Third Way Leadership Harnessing mindfulness and intention (Gina Paigen)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?