Can biomimicry and digital tech find happiness together?
For adults (teens welcome) • 90 minutes
Thursday 10:45am • Daniel Centre
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
Biomimicry is the conscious emulation of nature’s genius, an approach that has been used to successfully solve complex problems. One example is the creation of Tubercle Technology for wind turbine blades by Dr. Frank Fish (inspired by the flippers on humpback whales).
Stormz is a new digital collaboration platform designed to connect 2 to 1000 people across both time and space.
In this workshop we will practice Creative Problem Solving under the trees—using biomimicry as a methodology, Stormz as a technology, and you the participants as connectors.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Practice re-connecting with nature
- Mix technology with nature to collaborate in finding new solutions
- Get a sunburn or natural shower (depending on weather conditions)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Ginny Santos uses her expertise in Creative Problem Solving to facilitate productive collaborations and design online and in-person trainings. Ginny is also a member of the Faculty at Wilfrid Laurier University. She is especially passionate about providing the tools and skill-development necessary to support a culture of collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Ginny has a B.A. in Political Science and Peace & Conflict Studies, and a Master’s of Science in Creative Leadership and Innovation. She is certified in Creative Problem Solving (CPS), STORMZ, Productive Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Image Streaming and FourSight.
Ginny is originally from Spain, and has been based in Canada since 1995. She is a creativity enthusiast, a dancer, a mother, a soccer coach, an ongoing learner, an engaging trainer, effective facilitator and a creative planner.
Ginny is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
Alexandre spent close to 10 years at 3M as an engineer, a Six Sigma Black Belt and a new business developer. He is an experienced facilitator having led hundreds of creative workshops and improvement meetings.
Prior to creating Stormz, he was the COO of af83, a web technology company.
Alexandre is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All Thursday 10:45am sessions:
- Art of Appreciation Seven secrets of the lost art (Steven Shama)
- Building Creative Tension Honoring the ”space between“ where you are and where you want to go (Karen Lynch)
- Connected Nature Can biomimicry and digital tech find happiness together? (Ginny Santos, Alexandre Eisenchteter)
- Creative Leadership Vision, alignment, and execution (Tim Switalski, Laura Switalski)
- Going Wireless Experimenting with wireless connections (Guilherme Sarkis)
- Mental Time Travel Tap into your past creative genius to fuel future potential (Jay Aquilanti)
- Space-Making Imaginatively creating space in your images (Mary Ellyn Vicksta)
- (What If)* *Honing the POWER of your imagination (Bill Brooks)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?