Creative Team Dynamics
Bridging the creative space between people
For adults • Mind U session
Maximum Participants: 24
Daily 9:00am • Centennial 15
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
Generate more ideas, better ideas, and do it TOGETHER. This Mind U series unpacks the keys to collaborative creativity and the most important things to know – and do – from an interpersonal perspective. The sessions are filled with creative activities:
Session 1 – The Foundations of Team Creativity
We will begin by how to establish a psychological safety net in the space between the people on the team to optimize creativity and collaboration. And, we will open eyes to the roles we play in team creativity – creative leadership and creative followership – and how they both differ from individual creativity.
Session 2 – Optimizing Brains for Creativity
We unpack a series of awesome tips that will enable you to optimize the space between your ears for creativity, as well as those you lead and facilitate.
Session 3 – Optimizing Creative Leadership
This is a deeper dive into the role of leading for creativity: building a frame for creative action, ways to include everyone, and what barriers, biases and blunders might be hiding in the space between your team and your aspirations.
Session 4 – Optimizing Creative Followership
We end with unique information by diving into the important role of creative followership: how to have the most positive influence and positive impact.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- How to supercharge the CQ – Creative Quotient – of a team
- The neuroscience of creativity and how to optimize our brains
- Ways to be brilliant in creative followership, creative leadership, & coaching for both
Toronto, ON, Canada
An insightful and engaging polymath, Marc holds a PhD in neuroscience, an MBA, and Masters degrees in Math and Physics. He has many years experience as a facilitator, trainer, teacher, consultant, executive, and entrepreneur.
Marc now enjoys being co-author of Leadership is Half the Story: A Fresh Look at Followership, Leadership, and Collaboration (University of Toronto, Rotman Press, March 2015), Chief Insight Officer of a really cool consultancy called FliPskills, on faculty at University of Waterloo, and performing in community theatre.
Marc last presented at Mindcamp in 2015 and has attended every one since its inception.
Marc is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Uniquely positive, practical and perceptive, Samantha’s first career was as a corporate executive for 20+ years, where she sharpened her critical thinking skills doing finance, accounting, IT, operations, HR, and myriad projects that nearly dulled her everything else.
FORTUNATELY her second career is creative! Samantha now enjoys a fun portfolio career being co-author of Leadership is Half the Story: A Fresh Look at Followership, Leadership, and Collaboration (University of Toronto, Rotman Press, March 2015), being Chief Encouragement Officer of a really cool consultancy called FliPskills, developing online courses for FliP U, and being on boards including the Canadian Positive Psychology Association.
Samantha is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All Daily 9:00am sessions:
- Are You Here Yet? Improv for the moment (Kate Ashby)
- Art of Deferring Judgment This space intentionally left blank (Matteo Catullo, Max Hurson)
- Creative Team Dynamics Bridging the creative space between people (Marc Hurwitz, Samantha Hurwitz)
- Diving into Poetry Finding your treasure (Michelle Tokarczyk, Lee Dunne)
- Make It Real Making visual thinking and story telling a magical sensory experience (Jim Ridge)
- Mirror, Mirror Learn the art and science of delivering and receiving feedback (John Sedgwick, Ian Rosenfeldt)
- Painting Your Life Letting go and creating the unknowable (Russell Thomas)
- Shower Thinking The art, science and process of incubation (Clare Dus, Liz Monroe-Cook, Kristen Peterson)
- Theory U and YoU Kick start your Theory YoU (John Frederick, Joette Field)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?