Creative Thinking Primer
How process + tools can make you more creative
For adults (teens welcome) • 75 minutes
Wednesday 8:00pm • Court 4
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
In this interactive session, Dan will introduce you the basic Creative Problem Solving Process and to several of its most powerful tools — tools designed to help you have more ideas, better ideas, more of the time.
You will discover that the fundamental equation of process + tools can be sophisticated enough for corporations to develop new products, create innovation strategies, and design organizational change—yet simple and clear enough to be used with your kids at home.
You’ll understand your challenges with more clarity, generate ideas with more creativity, evaluate solutions with more rigor than ever before — and you’ll walk away from this session with more cranial firepower than you can imagine. Guaranteed.
Ottawa, ON, Canada
As a trainer and facilitator, Dan has spent the last 17 years helping people expand their thinking and discover new possibilities. With his quick wit, probing questioning skills and productive thinking techniques Dan helps clients engage their whole brain, and find productive solutions to their challenges.
Whether facilitating a training workshop, a new product ideation, a strategic planning session, or just a plain old meeting, Dan brings his positive energy and passion to the task. He is known for delivering high content sessions in a relaxed and entertaining style. Underlying Dan’s passion for productive thinking is a deep commitment to helping people learn and achieve useful outcomes.
Dan is a member of the Creative Education Foundation and on the faculty of the Creative Problem Solving Institute. He is also a certified practitioner of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
When not working, you can find Dan training to master the arts of jiu-jitsu, cooking and photography.
Dan is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All Wednesday 8:00pm sessions:
- Creative Thinking Primer How process + tools can make you more creative (Dan Bigonesse)
- Design Thinking Creative and collaborative problem-solving mindset and methods (Cecilia Yau)
- First Night Freewrite Get into the flow of Mindcamp with a freewriting session (Cynthia Reyes)
- Opening Night Improv Brilliance exists within the blank canvas (Kate Ashby)
- Taming Judgment Turning your inner judge into an ally (Jeanne Chatigny, Franca Leeson)
- Warp Speed Creativity Bring a problem. Bring your feet (Really?). Expect the unexpected. (Tim Hurson)
- We at KC A simple tool to help change stick (Leonardo Muñoz)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?