Get to know your family through their dreams
For all ages • 90 minutes
Maximum Participants: up to 15 kids plus an adult of their choosing
Saturday 10:45am • Kids HQ (downstairs from Hub)
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
An interactive workshop for parents and their kids. Everyone has dreams, but often it’s hard to articulate what they are and how to activate them in our daily life. Using cool abstract images each family member will be guided through the discovery and articulation of their dream using storytelling. And we’ll explore how you can live your dreams in your everyday life NOW! Participants appreciated this workshop so much, we want to do it again. If you were there come back and build from last year!
Participating kids will invite one or both parents (or an adult of their choice) to do the session with them.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Discover what each family member dreams about
- Craft a story of a common dream using abstract projective images
- Imagine ways to make your dreams a reality
Montréal, QC, Canada
Nathalie Doré has been working with organizations for close to 20 years strategizing, creating, facilitating, coaching and evaluating programs that seek to improve employees’ performance, engagement, satisfaction in alignment with who they are as individuals.
She’s had her own consulting firm, built from the ground up — the Organizational Learning and Effectiveness functions for large National and Global organizations like Multimicro, Benjamin Moore and Ivanhoe Cambridge: defining and implementing strategy, designing processes, building systems and engaging managers as partners in deriving business value from learning.
She’s got a big bag of tricks that includes neurolinguistics programming, mindfulness, creative problem-solving, systems thinking, management models and theories of human development from the most scientific to the esoteric.
Nathalie left big business in 2011 to work as a Learning Strategist for Innovation Consultants and as a free-lance coach and facilitator working only on projects that are fun, make a difference and where she can continue to learn.
Nathalie is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
Montréal, QC, Canada
Michel Delage is a designer of multimedia learning objects. For 30 years, he researched psychological behaviors translated into visual archetypes. His approach straddles the cognitive sciences, the history of civilizations and the use of projective images psychology. He uses abstract image interfaces to reduce to its simplest graphic expression the complexity of the human psyche. The exercise of “playing” with abstract images can map the complexity of a subject and potentially better organize their vision of reality. His passion is the imagination, collective memory and symbolic language.
Michel is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All Saturday 10:45am sessions:
- Chakras and Creativity Aligning your energetic centers and your creative self (Zachary Towne-Smith, Jessi Luna)
- Collaborative Listening Multiply your ability to solve problems (Ian Poinsenet, Emad Jelouali)
- Failure Wake It’s a wake, wear mourning! (Janeen Halliwell, Jennifer Keilty-Friesen)
- Family Dreaming Get to know your family through their dreams (Nathalie Doré, Michel Delage)
- Hello 2046 Me A coffee date with your future self (Ginny Santos)
- Innovating the NGO Creative thinking for large social purposes (Yoel Kluk)
- (IoT)* Understanding the Internet of Things (James McAnanama)
- Of Law Dogs and Leaders An alternative decision-making process for the ages (Nicole Dobinson)
- What Hill? Beyond the bucket list (Stanley Young)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?