First Night Freewrite
Get into the flow of Mindcamp with a freewriting session
For adults (teens welcome) • 75 minutes
Wednesday 8:00pm • Court 5
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
This is a great first-night introduction to our ongoing early-morning freewrite sessions.
Maybe you like to write, or you want to write more. Perhaps you feel the need to reflect on all the things that you’re experiencing at Mindcamp, to collect them and make sense of them. Or you just want to explore your creative potential using words and language.
You can take this alone, without coming later in the week; you can also come to the morning sessions without taking this.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- access your natural fluidity in order to write spontaneously
- generate a first draft (of whatever you want to write) without effort or angst
- defer judgment on yourself and fully enjoy the process of writing
Toronto, ON, Canada
Cynthia Reyes is a writer and blogger with a background in journalism, training and organizational change. She has won many awards for her work.
Her feature stories have appeared in Toronto Life and Arabella Magazine, the Globe and Mail and Toronto Star newspapers, and more than a hundred episodes of her programs have appeared on network television.
She turned to organizational development and worked as a consultant on several large-scale projects, some of them on behalf of DiversiPro Inc. Her projects have taken her across Canada, and to South Africa, Asia, the USA, Latin America, the Caribbean and Europe.
More recently, Cynthia has written two books: A Good Home — about the remarkable homes she has loved, and the life-changing experiences and relationships that took place in each setting – and the newly released An Honest House.
Cynthia is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All Wednesday 8:00pm sessions:
- Creative Thinking Primer How process + tools can make you more creative (Dan Bigonesse)
- Design Thinking Creative and collaborative problem-solving mindset and methods (Cecilia Yau)
- First Night Freewrite Get into the flow of Mindcamp with a freewriting session (Cynthia Reyes)
- Opening Night Improv Brilliance exists within the blank canvas (Kate Ashby)
- Taming Judgment Turning your inner judge into an ally (Jeanne Chatigny, Franca Leeson)
- Warp Speed Creativity Bring a problem. Bring your feet (Really?). Expect the unexpected. (Tim Hurson)
- We at KC A simple tool to help change stick (Leonardo Muñoz)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?