From Story to Stage
Bridging the space between you and your audience
For adults • 2 x 90 minutes
Friday 10:45am • Centennial Auditorium
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
You can’t motivate, inspire, or even truly inform your audience unless you can connect with them. In this double session, Michel will focus on two of the most fundamental areas of speaking and presenting — story and stage presence.
Combining a mix of acting exercises, stand-up comedy techniques, neuro-linguistic programming and scriptwriting, this is a hands-on session for all kinds of speakers and presenters, whether you speak to sell, inspire, train or facilitate. It will help you develop a powerful, authentic, grounded energy, you’ll be able to tell your story without notes, and establish respect and credibility from the moment you walk on stage or to the front of the room. After this session, you’ll no longer be merely ‘telling’ your story, you’ll be using your entire body to fully engage your audience and have them re-experience your story with you.
The session will end with live coaching to give everyone the opportunity to see how these new skills are incorporated into any keynote or presentation.
NOTE: This is a Powerpoint-free session.
NOTE 2: Come to Part 1 (Storytelling) without coming to Part 2 (Stage presence) or come to Part 2 (stage presence) without coming to part 1 (Storytelling). You can also come to both. Or neither. Heck, this is Mindcamp; you do whatever the, uh, you want.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Learn the most powerful story structure in history
- Gain the most amazing stage presence in the world
- Develop the most impactful toolset in the world for communicating with your audience
Toronto, ON, Canada
Michel Neray combines a science degree from the University of Waterloo, an MBA from McGill University, and a career as a creative marketing copywriter, advertising agency director and marketing executive. A visionary and entrepreneurial game-changer, in 2012 he founded momondays, a heart-based monthly event of authentic storytelling with both professional speakers and first-timers. momondays has become a veritable movement, and is now in twelve cities in Canada and the U.S.
Michel co-authored The Great Crossover, which made it to Jack Canfield’s Achiever’s Recommended Reading List. In 2005, his chapter, ”Everything Starts With A Conversation“ was selected as the lead for the book, Sales Gurus Speak Out. He has spoken at conferences in more than seven countries worldwide.
And he’s addicted to Mindcamp.
Michel is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All Friday 10:45am sessions:
- Boost Your Bliss! Radically reliable self-confidence (Laila Ghattas)
- Bounce! Resiliency and the space between impact and renewal (Greg Zlevor)
- From Story to Stage Bridging the space between you and your audience (Michel Neray)
- Gamification When the game becomes serious (Sylvain Rouillard, Guillemette Goglio)
- Graphic Recording Bootcamp Practice, play and draw together! Polish your visual vocabulary! (Tanya Gerber)
- Navigating Cultural Differences The key to creating diverse and inclusive environments (Hamlin Grange)
- Stepping into Coherence Aligning creativity and purpose (Francois Coetzee)
- Third Way Leadership Harnessing mindfulness and intention (Gina Paigen)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?