When the game becomes serious
For adults • 2 x 90 minutes
Friday 10:45am • Court 4
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
People love to play games.
Gamification is the study of the learnings we can get from games in order to improve actual products, services, etc., that have nothing to do with playing.
Studies have identified powerful levers that explain why certain person can spend hours playing a video game for example.
In this workshop we will discover these motivation levers, and transform them into paths for discovering new ideas, improve actual concepts.
A unique and powerful addition to your facilitation toolbox. This is a 90 minute session with optional overtime.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Discover an approach based on motivation levers associated with games
- Experiment these levers and their impact in the ideas generation phase
- Reflect on how these tools could improve your practice
Montréal, QC, Canada
Sylvain Rouillard is a psychologist, specialized in creativity and creative problem-solving. He has designed and facilitated workshops and delivering conferences on these themes for 25 years.
He has been teaching the Psychology of Creativity and Creativity Methods in various universities for over 15 years, including Université du Québec à Montréal and Université de Montréal. He has been invited as a speaker at the Creativity Certificate Program at Descartes University in Paris.
For more than ten years, he has designed and facilitated workshops at the annual Creative Problem Solving Institute (CPSI) at Buffalo, as well as CREA, an annual creativity event in Italy. And he has been an enthusiastic facilitator here at Mindcamp for many years.
His knowledge of creativity is combined with experience in real innovation. He helps individuals and teams from public and private organizations in various fields — tourism, architecture, food industry, media, etc. — to gain innovative results. His consulting and training activities have taken him across Québec and Canada, to the United States, Italy, France, Mexico, and India.
With a group of colleagues, he founded Créa-Québec, Québec’s association for the development of creativity.
Sylvain is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
Guillemette facilitates creativity workshops for Orange (telecom operator), linking together designers, marketing people, and technical people to create new user experiences. She helps teams find new concepts, imagine possible use cases, and work better together.
She also trains groups in Orange using Creative Problem Solving method and helps them with team-building techniques. She works also as a coach using creative techniques.
Guillemette loves designing new workshops and she’s a regular presenter at Créa France and at CREA Conference in Sestri Levante, Italy.
Guillemette is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All Friday 10:45am sessions:
- Boost Your Bliss! Radically reliable self-confidence (Laila Ghattas)
- Bounce! Resiliency and the space between impact and renewal (Greg Zlevor)
- From Story to Stage Bridging the space between you and your audience (Michel Neray)
- Gamification When the game becomes serious (Sylvain Rouillard, Guillemette Goglio)
- Graphic Recording Bootcamp Practice, play and draw together! Polish your visual vocabulary! (Tanya Gerber)
- Navigating Cultural Differences The key to creating diverse and inclusive environments (Hamlin Grange)
- Stepping into Coherence Aligning creativity and purpose (Francois Coetzee)
- Third Way Leadership Harnessing mindfulness and intention (Gina Paigen)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?