Gift of Courageous Feedback
How to navigate tough conversations for win-win outcomes
For adults • 90 minutes
Saturday 1:30pm • Court 16
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
In life we are often faced with challenges and pressures outside of our control and we still need to perform. Sometimes we can hire people to manage our stress and expectations. Thank you doctors, lawyers, mechanics, accountants, therapists… But what do you do when you work, live or learn with someone who is causing stress by not meeting high standards or expectations? What if they are not aware of the shortfall? What if they are really, really nice? Should we say anything? And do we?
Every interaction with another human being is an opportunity to influence outcomes. As colleagues, friends, parents and consumers we are in the unique position to advance thinking, conversation and relationships by providing courageous feedback.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Identify different ways to leverage facts and natural curiosity
- Learn techniques to challenge assumptions with confidence
- Build courage and strategies to navigate tough conversations for win-win outcomes
Mississauga, ON, Canada
As Senior Associate at Clean Slate Strategies, Deborah uses a consultative, problem-solving approach to help organizations Achieve More through Strategic Innovation. Having lived and worked in Europe and Asia, Deborah also draws on her curiosity and global work experiences to help organizations challenge assumptions and embrace diverse perspectives that lead to exceptional results.
Prior to joining Clean Slate, Deborah was Principal, Market Development for the Talent and Leadership Development practice at LHH Knightsbridge. She has worked with a variety of clients across industries on the development of smart, ROI-focused leadership and team effectiveness solutions.
Deborah has spoken at a variety of events, including the national conferences of Retail Council of Canada, The North West Company, Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA), The Conference Board of Canada’s Workforce One-Stop 2013, Women in Leadership and Business, and an International webinar for HR.com Virtual Conference.
This is Deborah’s first year presenting at Mindcamp.
All Saturday 1:30pm sessions:
- Breaking It Open Finding the gifts in adversity (Missy Carvin, Beth Slazak)
- Discover PREZI A great tool for presenting interconnected ideas (Carole Rudzinski)
- Fantastic Voyage Travel old ways to new solutions (Co Doesburg)
- Gift of Courageous Feedback How to navigate tough conversations for win-win outcomes (Deborah Jann)
- ImageStreaming Work directly with the most intelligent part of your brain
- Metaphor and Creativity A powerful encounter (René Bernèche)
- The Thinkubator A space to create (Terri Segal, Ian Rosenfeldt)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?