Innovating the NGO
Creative thinking for large social purposes
For adults • 90 minutes
Saturday 10:45am • Court 5
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
This session will be a hands on session divided quickly and rapidly into sections:
- let’s review some key design thinking principles
- let’s apply them to a project for Mindcamp as real practice
- let me share with you how for 3 years I have been helping an orphanage in Uganda using design thinking to strategize the growth of the orphanage
I will illustrate the session with videos, pictures, and very emotional experiences. Design Thinking starts with empathy. We will differentiate empathy from sympathy and learn how to create a strategy with empathy.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Expose your creative thinking to the sensitivity needed in social work
- Build up you assessment skills with empathy
- practice what you learn with your beloved Mindcamp
Houston, TX, USA
I am driven to try new things despite the risk; while at the same time learning from each of those experiences and adjusting rapidly. A designer of solutions, innovator with high tolerance to ambiguity, I am biased towards doing things that move forward the people of the organization I am engaged with.
- CEO and founder of Kluk and Associates – a company focused on enhancing productivity by applying methodology through technology, including Intelligent Collaboration, Intelligent Creative Thinking and Intelligent Insights
- An affiliate of ThinkRite, a new business collaboration ecosystem
- Partner of Grupo-Piensa, a creative thinking facilitation firm
- Faculty of Centro de Certificacion en Creatividad A.C.
- International keynote speaker with experience in Mexico, USA, Argentina, Colombia, Brazil and Peru
- Specialties: Organizational strategy, diagnosis, transformation and implementation of change, opportunity analysis.
Yoel is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All Saturday 10:45am sessions:
- Chakras and Creativity Aligning your energetic centers and your creative self (Zachary Towne-Smith, Jessi Luna)
- Collaborative Listening Multiply your ability to solve problems (Ian Poinsenet, Emad Jelouali)
- Failure Wake It’s a wake, wear mourning! (Janeen Halliwell, Jennifer Keilty-Friesen)
- Family Dreaming Get to know your family through their dreams (Nathalie Doré, Michel Delage)
- Hello 2046 Me A coffee date with your future self (Ginny Santos)
- Innovating the NGO Creative thinking for large social purposes (Yoel Kluk)
- (IoT)* Understanding the Internet of Things (James McAnanama)
- Of Law Dogs and Leaders An alternative decision-making process for the ages (Nicole Dobinson)
- What Hill? Beyond the bucket list (Stanley Young)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?