Turning your inner judge into an ally
For adults (teens welcome) • 75 minutes
Wednesday 8:00pm • Court 16
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
What’s up with all this “no judgment” stuff in creativity? Are we supposed to disregard our critical faculties? What’s meant by “positive” judgment and what’s “negative” judgment? And what does it mean to “defer” judgment? Until when, for example? And how might that be a good thing?
In this highly interactive session we will each meet and get to know our inner judge, and explore how this faculty can both impede AND assist our creative efforts. Finally, we will share some creative tools to help us recalibrate this faculty and maximize its usefulness in personal and professional creativity, in relationships, and in life.
Come prepared to feel some discomfort, to have fun, to laugh, and maybe to change!
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Understand the difference between positive, negative, no judgment, and deferred judgment
- Hone in on your personal experiences with judgment — your own and that of others
- Ways to help you tame your inner judge and make it your strong ally
Fort Myers, FL, USA
Jeanne has enjoyed being a facilitator since her first conference 30 years ago. She was active at the Creative Problem Solving Institute (CPSI) starting in 1982, was on its board of directors, and earned its Distinguished Leader Award.
Since retiring from a career as writer and editor for major companies, Jeanne has become experienced at generational relationships — she is the mother of six, grandmother of eleven, and great-grandmother of 12.
Jeanne is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Franca is a freelance consultant, trainer, and web content strategist. She has been studying meditation since 1981 and teaching it since 2000. She has presented facilitation, meditation and creativity sessions at Mindcamp in Toronto, Canada since its inception, at CREA in Italy since 2004, and at CPSI in Atlanta in 2007.
Franca’s particular interest and gift is in helping people enrich their personal and creative lives by developing a meditation practice that extends into all areas of their experience: work, children, marriage, and family responsibilities.
When she’s not meditating, teaching, or strategizing, she’s doing something else. Naturally.
Franca is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All Wednesday 8:00pm sessions:
- Creative Thinking Primer How process + tools can make you more creative (Dan Bigonesse)
- Design Thinking Creative and collaborative problem-solving mindset and methods (Cecilia Yau)
- First Night Freewrite Get into the flow of Mindcamp with a freewriting session (Cynthia Reyes)
- Opening Night Improv Brilliance exists within the blank canvas (Kate Ashby)
- Taming Judgment Turning your inner judge into an ally (Jeanne Chatigny, Franca Leeson)
- Warp Speed Creativity Bring a problem. Bring your feet (Really?). Expect the unexpected. (Tim Hurson)
- We at KC A simple tool to help change stick (Leonardo Muñoz)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?