Third Way Leadership
Harnessing mindfulness and intention
For adults • 2 x 90 minutes
Friday 10:45am • Centennial 13
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
Third Way Leadership rests in our ability to live in “yes, and.” It is about engaging with ourselves and our world with an open mind, an open heart, and a commitment to service.
We each have the capacity for Third Way Leadership. It may derive from conferred authority (leading from the front), a sense of personal accountability (leading from behind), or a commitment to collaboration (leading from the side).
This workshop is for anyone who wants to expand their leadership potential. Through a series of exercises and discussions, we will explore critical leadership competencies in four key areas: focus on relationships (engagement), focus on results (effectiveness), focus on collaboration (inclusion), and an entrepreneurial mindset (creativity).
We will look at how to use mindfulness (awareness of our internal and external world), purpose (what matters most), and intention (considered action) to expand our capacity to lead effectively in each of these areas.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Explore the power of purpose and intention as critical leadership competencies
- Learn essential leadership skills in four key areas that will strengthen leadership capacity
- Understand mindfulness, how it impacts our thoughts, feelings and behavior, and how we can leverage “the space between” as a leadership skill
Buffalo, NY, USA
Gina Paigen, PCC, CPCC, CNTC, Founder of ThirdWay Leadership LLC, is a professional coach and leadership development consultant; passionate about guiding individuals and organizations to higher levels of creativity and a deeper sense of purpose. She brings years of diverse experience as coach, facilitator, entrepreneur, writer, and artist.
Gina identifies her life purpose as evolving human consciousness and her work is focused on creating social and organizational cultures that champion both the value of the self-actualized individual, and the power and potential that comes through collaboration and service. Gina’s client list includes UNICEF, World Bank, MIT/Sloan, The Jackson Lab, and Plato’s Closet.
Gina holds three professional coaching certifications, including one in neuroscience and coaching; she is a graduate of CTI’s Leadership and Leadership Way programs, and a certified practitioner of The Leadership Circle Profile™. Gina was a recent presenter at TEDxBuffaloWomen and she has been published in The Huffington Post.
Gina is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All Friday 10:45am sessions:
- Boost Your Bliss! Radically reliable self-confidence (Laila Ghattas)
- Bounce! Resiliency and the space between impact and renewal (Greg Zlevor)
- From Story to Stage Bridging the space between you and your audience (Michel Neray)
- Gamification When the game becomes serious (Sylvain Rouillard, Guillemette Goglio)
- Graphic Recording Bootcamp Practice, play and draw together! Polish your visual vocabulary! (Tanya Gerber)
- Navigating Cultural Differences The key to creating diverse and inclusive environments (Hamlin Grange)
- Stepping into Coherence Aligning creativity and purpose (Francois Coetzee)
- Third Way Leadership Harnessing mindfulness and intention (Gina Paigen)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?