Asking the ‘right’ questions to get to the ‘real’ right answer!
For adults • 90 minutes
Maximum Participants: 20
Wednesday 8:00pm • Centennial 12
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
The best treatment always starts by getting the right diagnosis. So often, the questions we ask (or don’t) and, more importantly, how we ask them, can hinder creativity by leading us towards a biased solution.
In this workshop, you will learn how to become a Doctor of Diagnosis. We’ll explore what makes a good question. We’ll get everyone comfortable with the idea of taking a little more time to roll around in the problem, and we will share the principle and power of Optimistic Questioning. You’ll get great tools to use in initial meetings with clients to unlock the right challenge and set you on the path to creating the right ideas.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Learning the process and approach to diagnostic analysis
- The principles of Optimistic Questioning
- Practical experience in asking and receiving optimistic questions on a current work challenge to diagnose your challenge
Image copyright: cooldesign / 123RF Stock Photo
I innovate, inspire and create for Disney and beyond, leading work to solve creative challenges across the Disney Company, especially for the Creative and Destinations marketing teams. I lead our internal and external partners through creative processes that generate strategic, consumer-centric, breakthrough ideas that motivate consumers to vacation with Disney. Oh, and I have a LOT of fun along the way.
This is Victoria’s first year presenting at Mindcamp.
All Wednesday 8:00pm sessions:
- Carpool Innovation The Journey is the destination (Deborah Jann)
- Check Your Privilege Facilitating with an awareness of who’s in the room (Denise Pinto, Robert Wakulat)
- Creative Process Foot Camp 12 simple steps to thinking better (Tim Hurson, Kristen Peterson)
- Dr. Diagnosis Asking the ‘right’ questions to get to the ‘real’ right answer! (Victoria Finn)
- Improvise Your Third How to get to the third third of opportunities through play (Tony Esteves)
- Motivating Audiences Strategies for increasing participant engagement (Bruce Baum)
- Tango Shining Dancing your shadow into the light! (Nicole Dobinson)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?