Collaborate in the third third dimension
For adults (teens welcome) • 2 x 90 minutes
Maximum Participants: 36
Saturday 10:45am • Centennial 15
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
Join, Kirk, Spock and e-Qi8 aboard the Starship Enterprise to boldly go where no one has gone before, collaboratively!
Start by creating your character: The Federation seeks diversity of ideas and honors inclusive workplaces, so a wide variety of aliens from across the galaxy is encouraged. Next, your character will take its place on the ship. Captain Kirk will brief you on our mission and set the framework for decision making. Science Officer Spock will share relevant information. And e-Qi8 will facilitate, ensuring we follow good process and use the latest technology.
Together we share one purpose: to save the galaxy. And if we fail, remember, in space no-one can hear you scream!
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Display your simulation-inspired Decision Advocate skills (not your Devil’s Advocate skills) by contributing Level 3 Decision Support to the mission.
- Harness the most value and collective intelligence from your crew
- Improve your decision-making skill and confidence, whether you are faced with small everyday choices, big life changes, or the third third dimension
Toronto, ON, Canada
Uniquely positive, practical and perceptive, Samantha’s first career was as a corporate executive for 20+ years, where she sharpened her critical thinking skills doing finance, accounting, IT, operations, HR, and myriad projects that nearly dulled her everything else.
FORTUNATELY her second career is creative! Samantha now enjoys a fun portfolio career being co-author of Leadership is Half the Story: A Fresh Look at Followership, Leadership, and Collaboration (University of Toronto, Rotman Press, March 2015), being Chief Encouragement Officer of a really cool consultancy called FliPskills, developing online courses for FliP U, and being on boards including the Canadian Positive Psychology Association.
Samantha is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
Toronto, ON, Canada
An insightful and engaging polymath, Marc holds a PhD in neuroscience, an MBA, and Masters degrees in Math and Physics. He has many years experience as a facilitator, trainer, teacher, consultant, executive, and entrepreneur.
Marc now enjoys being co-author of Leadership is Half the Story: A Fresh Look at Followership, Leadership, and Collaboration (University of Toronto, Rotman Press, March 2015), Chief Insight Officer of a really cool consultancy called FliPskills, on faculty at University of Waterloo, and performing in community theatre.
Marc last presented at Mindcamp in 2015 and has attended every one since its inception.
Marc is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Ginny Santos uses her expertise in Creative Problem Solving to facilitate productive collaborations and design online and in-person trainings. Ginny is also a member of the Faculty at Wilfrid Laurier University. She is especially passionate about providing the tools and skill-development necessary to support a culture of collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Ginny has a B.A. in Political Science and Peace & Conflict Studies, and a Master’s of Science in Creative Leadership and Innovation. She is certified in Creative Problem Solving (CPS), STORMZ, Productive Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Image Streaming and FourSight.
Ginny is originally from Spain, and has been based in Canada since 1995. She is a creativity enthusiast, a dancer, a mother, a soccer coach, an ongoing learner, an engaging trainer, effective facilitator and a creative planner.
Ginny is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
All Saturday 10:45am sessions:
- Bouffon for Everyone Make a painless life-lasting transformation laughing all the way (Massimo Agostinelli)
- Collaborative Decision-Making Collaborate in the third third dimension (Samantha Hurwitz, Marc Hurwitz, Ginny Santos)
- Heaven on Earth I love me, I love me not (Laila Ghattas)
- Juicy Fruits of Implementation Mindsets, emotions and surprising techniques for the preparation-for-implementation phase (Clara Kluk, Sylvain Rouillard)
- Lionhearted Creativity Creative courage and resilience to gain at any loss (Nicole Dobinson)
- Normals, Deeps and Weirds. Oh My! (Jay Aquilanti)
- Solving the Diversity Puzzle Accelerating creativity through equity and inclusion (Gina Paigen)
- WWJaJD? What Would Joe and Jeanne Do? (Paolo Sbuttoni, Tamara Christensen)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?