Points of You
3rd Third for Developing Perspective
For adults (teens welcome) • 90 minutes
Maximum Participants: 20
Friday 10:45am • Court 16
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
This experiential encounter is based on the Points of You method which is designed to explore new territories for growth by using visual stimuli.
In this session, you will learn about the Points of You© process, experience one of its simple techniques, and explore ways to apply it in our own work. You will move through the five basic Points of You© stages, shifting from busy everyday frequency to a quieter one, expanding from familiar comfort zones to a world of possibilities, new opportunities, and insights, and focusing to clarify and define exactly which of the possibilities is right for your journey, advancing you from thought to action in order to outline steps for realizing your insights.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Learn a unique methodology that facilitates perspective taking
- Experience different points of view and initiate paradigm shift
- Explore ways to use this coaching and development tool in your work and in the creative process
Katie Tagye is the Director of Organizational Design and Development at Valencia College. Katie has the unique opportunity to work in the Collaborative Design Center, a space designed to encourage innovation, creative problem solving, and collaboration by design.
Katie focuses on engaging college faculty and staff in discovering and designing ways to use creative thinking and collaboration to positively impact the success of students as well as the culture and the work of the college.
Katie was a Professor of Communication at Valencia for 9 years and has worked at the college since 2001 in various departments. She is a certified practitioner of the FourSight, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and DiSC assessments.
Katie is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
All Friday 10:45am sessions:
- Charisma Analysis Digging deeper into the creative self (Alexander von Reumont)
- Creativity Starts with U Applying Theory U to creative process (Lindsay McDonald)
- Deeper Connections (Anik April)
- The Fourth Third Be a pro in getting your Big Idea out (Vikram Swaminadhan)
- Nos Inventa Distilling facilitation insights from the third third of design, delivery and discovery (Ismet Mamnoon)
- Points of You 3rd Third for Developing Perspective (Katie Tagye)
- Whole-Group Facilitation The group is greater than the sum of individuals (Dale Monroe-Cook, Liz Monroe-Cook)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?