Sonic awareness meditation
“Deep Listening” is a practice developed by composer and groundbreaking musician Pauline Oliveros (1932-2016). Deep listening is designed to improve your sonic awareness with the potential to increase creativity, connect to your environment, enhance openness and compassion, and expand overall consciousness of being to bring about new perspectives, perceptions, and ways of living.
We will explore several deep listening meditation techniques, including “The Tuning Meditation” and “The Heart Chant.” Through these techniques practitioners can open their field of hearing to listen without hierarchies, experience a deeper connection to the environment, and observe sound as a complex and multi-dimensional experience.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Improve your sonic awareness
- Learn to listen to the whole space/time continuum of sound
- Learn to listen without judgment or goal, break patterns, and expand the realm of possibility.
New York NY
An economist and student of consumer behavior, Paul has been a marketing professional for 30 years.
Paul was the principal of a marketing, strategy, and business development group using creative problem solving techniques to help clients identify and prioritize their complex research and marketing needs. He serves on the Board of Trustees for Hudson Guild, facilitates not-for-profits, is on the faculty and a former Trustee of the Creative Problem Solving Institute, and serves on numerous community organizations in New York City.
Paul has helped firms develop marketing strategies targeting the banking and investment management needs of clients in the U.S., Japan, and Europe. He holds an MA and doctorate in economics from SUNY Stony Brook. He also holds honorary degrees in foodism from many of the finest restaurants in Manhattan, which of course he will tell you are also the finest restaurants in the world. He has been married for 34 years to Michelle Tokarczyk.
Paul is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
- Biodanza or wabi dancing (Sophie Harvey)
- Boardroom Bushcraft How to thrive in any environment (Peter Zapf)
- Bouffon for Presenters (Massimo Agostinelli)
- Branding Boot Camp Bigger, better branding (Janet Rouss)
- The Convergence Challenge Navigating the emotional potholes of decision-making (Ismet Mamnoon)
- Creativity Beyond “A-ha!” (Dan Bigonesse, Katie Tagye)
- Cryptocurrencies Playing with the chain of trust (James McAnanama)
- Dash It Weh How to release your stuff and embrace the perfection of your imperfection (Marguerite Orane)
- Deep Listening Sonic awareness meditation (Paul Groncki)
- Elements of Creativity Tapping into natural elements to inspire our creative selves (Susannah Childers)
- Facilitating Impossible People Strategies to handle difficult personalities (Dawn DePasquale)
- Flower-up Your Process! Warning, this session is experimental. (Alexandre Eisenchteter)
- Game On! (Sharon Fisher)
- Gender Role Reversal What daily life really feels like for the opposite sex (Susan Robertson)
- Glimpses Exploring deeper realities (William Sturner)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Funny Celebrating perfect imperfection (Alison Cohen, Megan Mitchell)
- Grow | Transform | Emerge (Ana Matic, Goran Matic)
- Mirror, Mirror Feedback for creativity and change (John Sedgwick)
- The Museum of Me (Lisa Baxter)
- Objects of Genius Unleash creative genius with an apple and a chair (Philippe Brasseur)
- Out-of-the-Box Persona Crack your personality shell to build better relationships (Julia Zarina)
- Pages to Color (Emily White)
- Play with Ambiguity How might PLAY make more of our potential when facing complexity and uncertainty? (Katrin Elster)
- The Power of Power Learning to facilitate from positions of privilege or power (Robert Wakulat, Denise Pinto)
- Preach it! Applying the primal wisdom of preaching and storytelling to your presentations and talks (Allan Cole)
- Raising Individual Resilience Adapting to change (Deborah Jann, Giselle Kovary)
- Restore Repair an object, repair your soul (Leonardo Muñoz)
- Shower Thinking An Introduction to the art, science, and process of incubation (Clare Dus, Kristen Peterson)
- Simply Drawing (Kaz Ogino)
- Stay Sane (in an insane world) (Jens Hoffmann)
- Stimulocity Using expressive arts as stimulus for creation (Lee Kitchen, Terri Segal)
- Stop Selling Solar Panels Your customers don’t care about your products or services (Yoel Kluk)
- Threads An intuitive game that reveals our connections with self, others and universal energy (Karen Rudolf)
- The Wabi-Sabi Brain Or how to love the perfectly imperfect mind (Marc Hurwitz)
- Wabi-Sabi Conversation (Newell Eaton, Allie Middleton)
- Wabi-Sabi Poutine Can interculturality be a part of the challenge? (Jerome Faytre)
- Word Up! Clear language that inspires (Emily Nichols, Lee Kitchen)
- Writing the Vignette A first step in memoir writing (Michelle Tokarczyk)
- Yes, And … No, But (Janeen Halliwell, Paul Fleming)
- Your Magical Journey Experiencing the art and practice of magic (Bruce Baum)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?