Playing with the chain of trust
Anonymous yet transparent.
Lawless yet immutable.
Secure yet vulnerable.
In this session we will explore and experiment with the future of money, contracts, and trust. Participants should bring a phone, tablet, or computer.
There might be cookies.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Learn the basics of cryptocurrencies
- Setup a wallet on our phones
- Exchange money in our peer-to-peer marketplace
Copyright: tzido / 123RF Stock Photo
Burlington, ON, Canada
James is an embedded software designer at L-3 Wescam where he gets paid to play every day. He is amazed by how much has changed in the area of electronics and software – once only accessible to those who were afraid to talk to girls, electronics is now open to all who wish to dream, design, and create things that blink, beep, move, and entertain.
As a father, James likes to create blinky, beepy, bopping things for his kids to enjoy (his kids would rather play with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toys…).
James is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
- Biodanza or wabi dancing (Sophie Harvey)
- Boardroom Bushcraft How to thrive in any environment (Peter Zapf)
- Bouffon for Presenters (Massimo Agostinelli)
- Branding Boot Camp Bigger, better branding (Janet Rouss)
- The Convergence Challenge Navigating the emotional potholes of decision-making (Ismet Mamnoon)
- Creativity Beyond “A-ha!” (Dan Bigonesse, Katie Tagye)
- Cryptocurrencies Playing with the chain of trust (James McAnanama)
- Dash It Weh How to release your stuff and embrace the perfection of your imperfection (Marguerite Orane)
- Deep Listening Sonic awareness meditation (Paul Groncki)
- Elements of Creativity Tapping into natural elements to inspire our creative selves (Susannah Childers)
- Facilitating Impossible People Strategies to handle difficult personalities (Dawn DePasquale)
- Flower-up Your Process! Warning, this session is experimental. (Alexandre Eisenchteter)
- Game On! (Sharon Fisher)
- Gender Role Reversal What daily life really feels like for the opposite sex (Susan Robertson)
- Glimpses Exploring deeper realities (William Sturner)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Funny Celebrating perfect imperfection (Alison Cohen, Megan Mitchell)
- Grow | Transform | Emerge (Ana Matic, Goran Matic)
- Mirror, Mirror Feedback for creativity and change (John Sedgwick)
- The Museum of Me (Lisa Baxter)
- Objects of Genius Unleash creative genius with an apple and a chair (Philippe Brasseur)
- Out-of-the-Box Persona Crack your personality shell to build better relationships (Julia Zarina)
- Pages to Color (Emily White)
- Play with Ambiguity How might PLAY make more of our potential when facing complexity and uncertainty? (Katrin Elster)
- The Power of Power Learning to facilitate from positions of privilege or power (Robert Wakulat, Denise Pinto)
- Preach it! Applying the primal wisdom of preaching and storytelling to your presentations and talks (Allan Cole)
- Raising Individual Resilience Adapting to change (Deborah Jann, Giselle Kovary)
- Restore Repair an object, repair your soul (Leonardo Muñoz)
- Shower Thinking An Introduction to the art, science, and process of incubation (Clare Dus, Kristen Peterson)
- Simply Drawing (Kaz Ogino)
- Stay Sane (in an insane world) (Jens Hoffmann)
- Stimulocity Using expressive arts as stimulus for creation (Lee Kitchen, Terri Segal)
- Stop Selling Solar Panels Your customers don’t care about your products or services (Yoel Kluk)
- Threads An intuitive game that reveals our connections with self, others and universal energy (Karen Rudolf)
- The Wabi-Sabi Brain Or how to love the perfectly imperfect mind (Marc Hurwitz)
- Wabi-Sabi Conversation (Newell Eaton, Allie Middleton)
- Wabi-Sabi Poutine Can interculturality be a part of the challenge? (Jerome Faytre)
- Word Up! Clear language that inspires (Emily Nichols, Lee Kitchen)
- Writing the Vignette A first step in memoir writing (Michelle Tokarczyk)
- Yes, And … No, But (Janeen Halliwell, Paul Fleming)
- Your Magical Journey Experiencing the art and practice of magic (Bruce Baum)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?