Wabi-Sabi Boot Camp
Using Wabi Sabi principles to make connections others don’t
Get on your feet, to think on your feet! Welcome to our Boot Camp. This is for people who are familiar with creative thinking and feel that it’s time to stretch and use your whole body to make you a stronger creative thinker.
In this workout we will train your association muscle, your ability to make mistakes, and to see connections others don’t. We will break through structures and definitely not play by the rules. We will seek danger and find the bravest version of ourselves.
Working with the principles of wabi-sabi, you will explore the crack in everything — the place that allows “our story” to get in. You will take yourself out of your comfort zone, then add some improv theatre techniques and verbal and visual exercises. We will work hard, and we will play hard!
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Learn how to make glorious mistakes
- Train your association muscle
- Make connections others don’t
Copyright: 3355m / 123RF Stock Photo
Dorte Nielsen, M.Sc., is a creativity author and speaker. She is the founder of Creative Thinker and the Center for Creative Thinking, Copenhagen.
Dorte studied at The Graphic Arts Institute of Denmark, The School of Communication Arts, London and holds a Master of Science degree in Creativity from the International Center for Studies in Creativity, Buffalo, New York. She has a background as an advertising creative in London, where her creative work won her international recognition.
Since moving back to Denmark, Dorte has been teaching and researching creative thinking. She founded the Creative Communication education — one of the most award-winning advertising bachelor programmes in the world. After her success training creativity at university level, she took her uniquely effective creativity curriculum to primary schools.
Dorte Nielsen is the Chair of Creative Circle and the author/co-author of eight books on creativity, including The secret of the highly creative thinker.
This is Dorte’s first year presenting at Mindcamp.
Marjolein Hutting is a teacher in a college in the Netherlands where she gives the course Creative Thinking.
In her career she also studied at the improtheater academy in Amsterdam after which she attended courses at the Bats Improv Center in San Francisco. She is a professional trainer for improtheatre groups. Besides that she plays in a impro group herself, called Collectief XX.
In her workshop she’ll take you into the world of improvisation theatre and will let you experience how to improve your skills in creative thinking while playing theatre and doing a lot of fun exercises.
This is Marjolein’s first year presenting at Mindcamp.
All Saturday 10:45am sessions:
- Charisma Analysis The fine art of authentic self-branding (Alexander von Reumont)
- Dialogues with the Erotic (Alina Isaac, Colin Read)
- Disorganizing by Design Shaking things up to do things differently (Jerrold McGrath)
- Embodying Failure Making sense of leadership through imperfection (Tamara Christensen)
- Learning from Labyrinths (Anthony Hyatt, Matteo Catullo)
- Wabi-Sabi Boot Camp Using Wabi Sabi principles to make connections others don’t (Dorte Nielsen, Marjolein Hutting)
- We Tube Creating story through video (Jim Ridge)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?