How to thrive in any environment
Boardroom Bushcraft is a unique outdoor workshop that combines brief content presentations with plenty of hands-on field work,, more aptly called dirt time.
Boardrooms are spaces where leaders and advisors pool an organization’s best thinking to overcome challenges and discover opportunities. The difference between merely surviving or thriving often lies in the quality and creativity of the decisions made here.
Bushcraft provides the mindset, toolset, and skill set to thrive in even the harshest natural conditions. Participants will learn practical bush crafting skills that inspire new thinking while teaching meaningful and helpful lessons for daily life.
Whether you are a leader, manager, or team member, Boardroom Bushcraft will re-connect you to the natural world and teach valuable lessons in the process.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Learn a memorable metaphor that connects creative problem solving (CPS) and design thinking methods
- Practical methods for surviving and thriving in the wilderness
- Have fun
Copyright: kanijonas / 123RF Stock Photo
Peter Zapf is a design planner focused on helping organizations realize what is next for their stakeholders through a values-driven design process. As Design Planning Lead at Fogpilot, a Chicago-based consultancy, he facilitates strategic planning, brand design, and creative problem solving and innovation workshops.
Zapf is an adjunct professor at Illinois Institute of Technology Institute of Design. In addition to teaching Design Analysis + Synthesis, he conducts innovation workshops with its executive education team. Zapf also serves as Program Faculty for the Strayer Executive for Education Center within the Mendoza School of Business at the University of Notre Dame, teaching various sessions for the Certified Innovation Mentorship program and an Introduction to Design Thinking workshop for its Certificate in Executive Management.
For reasons he yet fully grasped, he twice completed a 14-day course created by the Boulder Outdoor Survival School (BOSS).
This is Peter’s first year presenting at Mindcamp.
- Biodanza or wabi dancing (Sophie Harvey)
- Boardroom Bushcraft How to thrive in any environment (Peter Zapf)
- Bouffon for Presenters (Massimo Agostinelli)
- Branding Boot Camp Bigger, better branding (Janet Rouss)
- The Convergence Challenge Navigating the emotional potholes of decision-making (Ismet Mamnoon)
- Creativity Beyond “A-ha!” (Dan Bigonesse, Katie Tagye)
- Cryptocurrencies Playing with the chain of trust (James McAnanama)
- Dash It Weh How to release your stuff and embrace the perfection of your imperfection (Marguerite Orane)
- Deep Listening Sonic awareness meditation (Paul Groncki)
- Elements of Creativity Tapping into natural elements to inspire our creative selves (Susannah Childers)
- Facilitating Impossible People Strategies to handle difficult personalities (Dawn DePasquale)
- Flower-up Your Process! Warning, this session is experimental. (Alexandre Eisenchteter)
- Game On! (Sharon Fisher)
- Gender Role Reversal What daily life really feels like for the opposite sex (Susan Robertson)
- Glimpses Exploring deeper realities (William Sturner)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Funny Celebrating perfect imperfection (Alison Cohen, Megan Mitchell)
- Grow | Transform | Emerge (Ana Matic, Goran Matic)
- Mirror, Mirror Feedback for creativity and change (John Sedgwick)
- The Museum of Me (Lisa Baxter)
- Objects of Genius Unleash creative genius with an apple and a chair (Philippe Brasseur)
- Out-of-the-Box Persona Crack your personality shell to build better relationships (Julia Zarina)
- Pages to Color (Emily White)
- Play with Ambiguity How might PLAY make more of our potential when facing complexity and uncertainty? (Katrin Elster)
- The Power of Power Learning to facilitate from positions of privilege or power (Robert Wakulat, Denise Pinto)
- Preach it! Applying the primal wisdom of preaching and storytelling to your presentations and talks (Allan Cole)
- Raising Individual Resilience Adapting to change (Deborah Jann, Giselle Kovary)
- Restore Repair an object, repair your soul (Leonardo Muñoz)
- Shower Thinking An Introduction to the art, science, and process of incubation (Clare Dus, Kristen Peterson)
- Simply Drawing (Kaz Ogino)
- Stay Sane (in an insane world) (Jens Hoffmann)
- Stimulocity Using expressive arts as stimulus for creation (Lee Kitchen, Terri Segal)
- Stop Selling Solar Panels Your customers don’t care about your products or services (Yoel Kluk)
- Threads An intuitive game that reveals our connections with self, others and universal energy (Karen Rudolf)
- The Wabi-Sabi Brain Or how to love the perfectly imperfect mind (Marc Hurwitz)
- Wabi-Sabi Conversation (Newell Eaton, Allie Middleton)
- Wabi-Sabi Poutine Can interculturality be a part of the challenge? (Jerome Faytre)
- Word Up! Clear language that inspires (Emily Nichols, Lee Kitchen)
- Writing the Vignette A first step in memoir writing (Michelle Tokarczyk)
- Yes, And … No, But (Janeen Halliwell, Paul Fleming)
- Your Magical Journey Experiencing the art and practice of magic (Bruce Baum)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?