Take your ideas a few steps further
For adults • 90 minutes
Thursday 10:45am • Centennial 12
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
In creativity, we speak of fluidity, flexibility and flow. And openness. What if certain types of physical movements could influence our (creative) state of mind? That’s precisely what several studies are showing. In this session, we will try out different moves and consider how they feel internally as we strive to embody the qualities of a creative mindset. As we move through the process, we may just get a few surprises, as mind and body join together to fuel and boost our creativity. Let’s see where our bodies take our ideas and where our ideas take us! Rest assured, no acrobatic or dance skills required.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Have fun experimenting with movement and loosening up
- Experience the effect of movement on the ideation process
- Move from brainstorm to bodystorm!
Image copyright: gerper / 123RF Stock Photo
SparksWoman and workshop leader by passion, Anik lives to see and help people connect with the beauty and richness of their true self, explore their inner world, express their voice and discover their personal creative process.
Around the 300 mark, she lost count of the creative writing workshops she’s led. This glutton of life has facilitated countless other mind-spark(l)ing workshops, as well as cognitive revitalizing sessions for seniors and co-organized and hosted a number of conferences and events. As literary and creative advisor, she has helped emerging writers and storytellers with their manuscripts and performances.
Anik has also participated as facilitator in creativity conferences, as well as public reader, storyteller and presenter in several literary and cultural events and festivals.
Over the years, Anik acquired an M.A. in language and literature, has taken countless creativity workshops and experimented different art forms, as well as personal development and spiritual practices. And she will probably continue to do so as long as she can!
Anik is a returning presenter. This year’s sessions:
All Thursday 10:45am sessions:
- ACT First Practice innovation by building rituals that matter (Tammy Sweeney)
- The Art of 3 Negotiation as a science and an art through improv games and theory (Tessa Manuello)
- Bodystorm! Take your ideas a few steps further (Anik April)
- Difficult People Creative ways of dealing with difficult people and looking forward to it three thirds of the time! (Steven Shama)
- Ka-zam! Unleash your inner creative Superhero (Lee Kitchen)
- Leadership Agility How to cultivate leadership agility in our organizations and our lives (Anne-Marie Kong)
- Moving Toward or Away Leveraging emotions to boost creativity, collaboration and influence (Laura Switalski, Tim Switalski)
- Simplify to Persuade How to move your audience to action (Mahmoud Arafa)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?