For adults • 90 minutes
Friday 1:30pm • Court 6
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
Liberating Structure methods include 33+ options for designing engaging interactions that lead to creativity and innovation.
In this interactive workshop, we’ll explore the work Henri Lipmanowicz and Keith McCandless’s invitation to make structural changes in the way we work in order to engage everyone and harness the collaborative and creative power of the group.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Be introduced to the microstructures and principles of Liberating Structures
- Experience several hands-on Liberating Structure activities
- Explore how Liberating Structures compliments creative problem solving
Image copyright: 1enchik / 123RF Stock Photo
Ottawa, ON, Canada
As a trainer and facilitator, Dan has spent the last 17 years helping people expand their thinking and discover new possibilities. With his quick wit, probing questioning skills and productive thinking techniques Dan helps clients engage their whole brain, and find productive solutions to their challenges.
Whether facilitating a training workshop, a new product ideation, a strategic planning session, or just a plain old meeting, Dan brings his positive energy and passion to the task. He is known for delivering high content sessions in a relaxed and entertaining style. Underlying Dan’s passion for productive thinking is a deep commitment to helping people learn and achieve useful outcomes.
Dan is a member of the Creative Education Foundation and on the faculty of the Creative Problem Solving Institute. He is also a certified practitioner of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
When not working, you can find Dan training to master the arts of jiu-jitsu, cooking and photography.
Dan is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
All Friday 1:30pm sessions:
- Erotic Insights The relationship with the erotic in you (Alina Isaac)
- Every Third Matters Three ways to dramatically improve your life and performance (Greg Zlevor)
- Find the Path What happens after you lose your way and then open your heart (Renee Paser-Paull)
- Lens of Style! Understanding yourself and others (Diane Houle-Rutherford)
- Liberating Structures (Dan Bigonesse)
- Scentstorming (Tamara Christensen, Vince Malouf)
- Telescope Periscope Futurescope (Emily Nichols)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?