Experiments in resetting your internal clock
For adults • Mind U session
Daily 9:00am • Court 16
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
We do not live only one present. We live in many times that weave like currents in the sea of life. Each has its unique pace. Dreaming time flows differently from planning time, thinking time differently from acting time. Writing or contemplation time may widen like a lake where thought can rest in new points of view, often leading us to see things invisible at other times.
We have times for painting, dancing, crying, times for surprise, for fright or delight, unique times for each first kiss, and soul soothing times for gratitude. Each time crosses the others, dilating or contracting them, changing their shapes and rhythms.
Join Matteo and Tim to immerse yourself in your myriad times, times of unexpected duration, times of uncharted intensity, times for every purpose.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Experience specific ways in which you can expand or contract the time of your life
- Test on-demand strategies for making the most of the time you have
- Learn how timeshifting can create a time for every purpose and a purpose for every time
Graduated in Economy and Commerce, Manager, Consultant, Partner and General manager of Catullo & Sylwan Advertising Agency, Matteo is also a marketing consultant, theater actor, mathematician, poet, and star hunter. He is a co-founder and board member of Creativity European Association (CREA Italia) and of CREA Conference.
Over the last few years, Matteo has developed and co-developed many new programs: Pathfinder, The Art of Deferring Judgment, Creative Convergence, How to Create a Creative Climate, and Look Again.
Matteo is internationally acclaimed for his work in stimulating creative imagination and creative potential. More important, he is father of Gaia and Davide, grandfather of Pietro and Marco, and friend of all creative people. Matteo holds the Italian absolute record and award for the most handshakes and hugs.
Matteo is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Throughout his career, Tim has helped global corporations solve problems and seize opportunities. He spent 15 years as a founding partner of Manifest Communications, where he discovered the unique synergy to be had by combining the principles of creative thinking, marketing, and sales.
The result of his experience in both marketing/sales and strategic innovation is the basis for the principles and tools in his books: Think Better and Never Be Closing (co-written with Tim Dunne). He is currently working on a new project: Do it Better.
Tim speaks around the world about how to develop creative leadership to manage change rather than be swamped by it, and has guest lectured in business schools in the US, Canada, UK, Mexico, Chile, and Australia. He is a founding director of several no-for-profit organizations, including Mindcamp.
Tim thinks the phrase ”out of the box thinking“ should be put back in the box and buried in a deep hole.
Tim is a returning presenter. This year’s sessions:
All Daily 9:00am sessions:
- Breaking It Open Finding the gifts in adversity (Beth Slazak, Missy Carvin)
- Focus on Behavior Attitudes and intentions do not predict behavior — habits DO (Daniel Epstein)
- Mastercoach! Strategies for unlocking creative potential in yourself and others (Cora Robinson, Francois Coetzee)
- Painting Your Life (Russell Thomas, Heather Thomas)
- Storyland The magic land of picture telling (Jim Ridge)
- The Third Eye Evolving your way of seeing (Mary Ellyn Vicksta)
- Third Party Time! How to engage your stakeholders for an innovation no one wants to hear about (Edouard Le Marechal)
- Time Being Experiments in resetting your internal clock (Matteo Catullo, Tim Hurson)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?