For adults • 90 minutes
Friday 1:30pm • Court 16
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
Ready to move beyond the tried and (usually, but not always) true “think it, write it, post it up” formula? We’ll start by exploring an under-utilized sense: smell. By engaging the “oldest sense” we can unlock surprising thinking and kickstart ideation in provocative ways. We are debuting a shiny new prototype of Idea Farm’s Scentstorming kit. It really is the third third of ideation. Join us for a sensory adventure and catalyze creative conversations via forced connections.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Learn about the mind-boggling world of smell
- Experience using the Scentstorming kit to generate ideas
- Dip your toe into a bit of neuroscience
Image copyright: nikkiphoto / 123RF Stock Photo
Tamara Christensen is on a mission to transform the way it feels to work. The founder of Idea Farm, she is a passionate and empathetic facilitator, trainer, speaker and author. Tamara has nearly 20 years of experience blending design thinking, creative problem solving, collaboration, and research to help organizations build innovation capabilities and apply them to complex business challenges.
Tamara works with a range of organizations from small not-for-profits and local businesses to global Fortune 100 companies including Honeywell and 3M. In addition to an MSD in Design Thinking and doctoral studies in teaching creativity, she has earned various facilitation certifications including the Integrating Creative Leadership program at the Creative Problem Solving Institute (CPSI), Lego® Serious Play® methods and materials and the Stormz digital collaboration tool for large groups and events.
Tamara presents at events around the globe including CPSI, CREA and Mindcamp. She has been described metaphorically as a glass of prosecco, a whirling dervish and a sharpie. Tamara’s book, F-ing Innovation: Why innovation is hard and what to do about it is now available on Amazon.
Tamara is a returning presenter. This year’s sessions:
Vince is a design strategist with more than ten years of experience in marketing, design, product management, and UI/UX. He is passionate about experience and environment design, and is always looking for new ways to connect people and ideas.
He is also an avid smell-enthusiast. For proof check out his blog SMELL DORADO. Vince holds degrees from Rice University and Arizona State University.
All Friday 1:30pm sessions:
- Erotic Insights The relationship with the erotic in you (Alina Isaac)
- Every Third Matters Three ways to dramatically improve your life and performance (Greg Zlevor)
- Find the Path What happens after you lose your way and then open your heart (Renee Paser-Paull)
- Lens of Style! Understanding yourself and others (Diane Houle-Rutherford)
- Liberating Structures (Dan Bigonesse)
- Scentstorming (Tamara Christensen, Vince Malouf)
- Telescope Periscope Futurescope (Emily Nichols)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?