Creative courage and resilience to gain at any loss
For adults • 2 x 90 minutes
Maximum Participants: 25
Saturday 10:45am • Court 6
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
As exciting as change can be, the loss involved in new beginnings is difficult. It can cause our creative mojo to wane and our hope to fade unless we dig deep to find the reservoir of gains that lie beyond the fear, tears and doubt. By exploring the change cycles of loss, gain and mastery, we’ll do just that and work to build the lion heart of courage it takes to move resiliently forward through adversity with the creative power of head and heart still connected.
This is an experiential, hands-on, reflective session, that will have you sculpting new worlds out of clay and engaging in a whole system approach to creative problem solving for times of great change and need. You’ll gain rebalancing tools to help you stay mentally and emotionally focused, hack the biological advantages of stress, and leverage the time-space opening of distress. In so doing, we’ll transform the experience of loss into one of creative gain and exciting new growth.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Get through loss better by delving into your own loss, gain and mastery cycles and flip change into gain and challenge into opportunity
- Discover the lionheart of creativity and explore emotional and mental balancing techniques that leverage stress for creative growth and expansion
- Have fun getting your hands dirty, play powerfully with curiosity and gain insight into the many ways creative problem solving methods overlay
Toronto, ON, Canada
With a background in International Relations, Nicole has worked at home and abroad as a capacity builder, strategic planner and adviser for government, new business and the UN.
A dancer at heart, she combines her love of tango and salsa with all the Latin world has taught her about creativity, expression and passion. Weaving into this, Eastern healing methods, Shamanism, as well as Theory U, Design Thinking and creative problem solving methods, she works with groups and individuals to achieve holistic and illuminating new ways forward.
She fuels her passion for travel while training, facilitating and coaching others abroad and when at home, is an active part of Toronto’s socially innovative community.
Nicole is a returning presenter. This year’s sessions:
All Saturday 10:45am sessions:
- Bouffon for Everyone Make a painless life-lasting transformation laughing all the way (Massimo Agostinelli)
- Collaborative Decision-Making Collaborate in the third third dimension (Samantha Hurwitz, Marc Hurwitz, Ginny Santos)
- Heaven on Earth I love me, I love me not (Laila Ghattas)
- Juicy Fruits of Implementation Mindsets, emotions and surprising techniques for the preparation-for-implementation phase (Clara Kluk, Sylvain Rouillard)
- Lionhearted Creativity Creative courage and resilience to gain at any loss (Nicole Dobinson)
- Normals, Deeps and Weirds. Oh My! (Jay Aquilanti)
- Solving the Diversity Puzzle Accelerating creativity through equity and inclusion (Gina Paigen)
- WWJaJD? What Would Joe and Jeanne Do? (Paolo Sbuttoni, Tamara Christensen)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?