Dancing your shadow into the light!
For adults • 90 minutes
Maximum Participants: 25
Wednesday 8:00pm • Centennial Auditorium
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
This session is a dance with your inner critic, the one that loves to rob you of your greatest and most shining confidence. Whether you stand before large audiences or facilitate small groups, leading and presenting with a supportive internal partner is the key to your success.
Playing with tango as well as some free movement techniques, we’ll dance the light out of the dark and encourage your shining out its shadow so that you can move with true confidence on any life stage. This fun and playful session will connect deep to draw out your inner confidence and creative expression.
No prior dance experience needed, only a spinning attitude and a light-hearted desire to increase your presentation and facilitation ease.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Explore embodied leadership tools and find new mind-body techniques to increase your presentation and performance confidence
- Transform your inner critic into your greatest ally and practice new ways of moving through performance anxiety
- Have fun exploring something scary in the safety of a supportive group and open yourself up to play with deeper levels of your creative expression
Toronto, ON, Canada
With a background in International Relations, Nicole has worked at home and abroad as a capacity builder, strategic planner and adviser for government, new business and the UN.
A dancer at heart, she combines her love of tango and salsa with all the Latin world has taught her about creativity, expression and passion. Weaving into this, Eastern healing methods, Shamanism, as well as Theory U, Design Thinking and creative problem solving methods, she works with groups and individuals to achieve holistic and illuminating new ways forward.
She fuels her passion for travel while training, facilitating and coaching others abroad and when at home, is an active part of Toronto’s socially innovative community.
Nicole is a returning presenter. This year’s sessions:
All Wednesday 8:00pm sessions:
- Carpool Innovation The Journey is the destination (Deborah Jann)
- Check Your Privilege Facilitating with an awareness of who’s in the room (Denise Pinto, Robert Wakulat)
- Creative Process Foot Camp 12 simple steps to thinking better (Tim Hurson, Kristen Peterson)
- Dr. Diagnosis Asking the ‘right’ questions to get to the ‘real’ right answer! (Victoria Finn)
- Improvise Your Third How to get to the third third of opportunities through play (Tony Esteves)
- Motivating Audiences Strategies for increasing participant engagement (Bruce Baum)
- Tango Shining Dancing your shadow into the light! (Nicole Dobinson)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?