Twisted Tools and Techniques
For adults • 90 minutes
Thursday 1:30pm • Court 6
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
The world is an immensely diverse place. We are all unique. One size does not fit all. Creative Problem Solving is no exception. In our work today, we are challenged to create inclusive environments and learning experiences that respect diversity.
In this session you will hear how Janeen is twisting tools this way and that way to meaningfully engage people of many backgrounds in the creative problem solving and co-design, including people with developmental disabilities, mental illness, and sensory challenges.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Participate in a knowledge exchange about adapted tools and techniques
- Further explore, “In what ways might we bring the voice of ALL people into the solutions space?”
- Leave with more cool tools in your tool kit
Image copyright: rawpixel / 123RF Stock Photo
Janeen Halliwell has 28 years’ experience leading and supporting organizations that focus on improving people’s lives. Her work has evolved from a focus on quality to advancing new thinking and driving innovation in health and human services.
She has worked on five continents and taught for two universities. In 2012, she founded ‘We Move Forward,’ a 4-day International Women’s Day held on Isla Mujeres, the Island of Women, Mexico. Janeen received a certificate of recognition from UN WOMEN for empowering women through this ongoing project.
She strongly believes that you’ll never feel more alive than when you feel a little scared, and strongly encourages individuals and organizations to explore and take risks. While in her mid-forties she unplugged from consulting, and sailed 9000 sea miles as a cook on a world traveling sailboat. Janeen has a MA in Leadership.
Janeen is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
All Thursday 1:30pm sessions:
- Aging Reimagined How will you move In your third third? (Heidi Philip, Alina Isaac)
- Failure Academy Learning to laugh in the (sometimes painful) face of learning (Nathan Schwagler, Janet Carmody)
- Give or Take Creative communication through touch (Annie Hopson)
- Listening Dialogues (Doug Reid)
- Maker Families Building together on space, science and technology (Vikas Nath)
- Twisted Tools and Techniques (Janeen Halliwell)
- Weird Idea Generator (Rodrigo Sánchez Picazo)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?