Lens of Style!
Understanding yourself and others
For adults • 90 minutes
Friday 1:30pm • Court 5
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
Creativity thrives under particular conditions, especially when there is a flow of ideas between individuals who are different! Different in terms of perspectives, background, skills and style! So, what role does Style play in the production of ideas and the implementation of solutions? This session aims at demystifying some concepts, and introduces participants to the Kirton Adaption-Innovation (KAI) Theory.
Learning to look through the lenses of style will allow you to see your behaviours and your relationships differently and understand the impact you have on others, both personally and professionally. Through those lenses, you will also be able to see the various elements of Creativity at play. So where do you fit?
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Distinguish various concepts related to creativity, innovation and change
- Self-assess individual preferences and understand others better
- Appreciate the importance of balancing both styles of creativity for personal and team effectiveness
With over 30 years’ experience, Diane is a consultant, executive coach, trainer, speaker and facilitator who consult to managers and senior level executives in the public and the private sectors. She specializes in Leadership Development and Action Learning, Creative Problem Solving, Individual and Team coaching, Mental Health in the workplace and Team Building.
Diane is a licensed senior practitioner of the Kirton Adaption Innovation Inventory (KAI). She is also certified by the CPSB to administer the Situational Outlook Questionnaire (SOQ) to assess the organisational climate for creativity and change. She is a graduate of Concordia University with an MA in Human Systems Intervention. She is a leader at the European Creativity Conference (CREA) in Italy. She also presented at the International Leadership Association in Boston, at Talentopolis in Mexico and at the International Creativity Conference in South Africa.
Diane is a founding member of Créa-Québec and served 4 years on the Board of Directors.
Diane is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
All Friday 1:30pm sessions:
- Erotic Insights The relationship with the erotic in you (Alina Isaac)
- Every Third Matters Three ways to dramatically improve your life and performance (Greg Zlevor)
- Find the Path What happens after you lose your way and then open your heart (Renee Paser-Paull)
- Lens of Style! Understanding yourself and others (Diane Houle-Rutherford)
- Liberating Structures (Dan Bigonesse)
- Scentstorming (Tamara Christensen, Vince Malouf)
- Telescope Periscope Futurescope (Emily Nichols)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?