Creative Process Foot Camp
12 simple steps to thinking better
For adults (teens welcome) • 90 minutes
Wednesday 8:00pm • Centennial 15
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
This is a session for people who are new to creative thinking and want to get a handle on what it’s all about. Tim will guide you through 12 simple steps (literally). At the end of those steps, you’ll have experienced structured creative thinking, you’ll have solved a real problem (maybe one that’s been bugging you for ages), and you’ll have a tool you can apply to challenges big and small at home or at work. For Fitbit fanatics, you’ll also get a few steps in.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Experience in applying a simple, effective process for thinking more productively and more creatively
- An unexpected solution to a problem that’s been on your mind
- 12 more steps on your Fitbit counter
Toronto, ON, Canada
Throughout his career, Tim has helped global corporations solve problems and seize opportunities. He spent 15 years as a founding partner of Manifest Communications, where he discovered the unique synergy to be had by combining the principles of creative thinking, marketing, and sales.
The result of his experience in both marketing/sales and strategic innovation is the basis for the principles and tools in his books: Think Better and Never Be Closing (co-written with Tim Dunne). He is currently working on a new project: Do it Better.
Tim speaks around the world about how to develop creative leadership to manage change rather than be swamped by it, and has guest lectured in business schools in the US, Canada, UK, Mexico, Chile, and Australia. He is a founding director of several no-for-profit organizations, including Mindcamp.
Tim thinks the phrase ”out of the box thinking“ should be put back in the box and buried in a deep hole.
Tim is a returning presenter. This year’s sessions:
Buffalo, NY, USA
Kristen Peterson is a Partner with New & Improved, LLC. She brings a big dose of passion, energy, and infectious can-do mentality to her work as an Innovation Catalyst as well as 20 years of hands-on experience for global clients.
She is the former Director of the Creative Problem Solving Institute, a Founder of Mindcamp and holds an MSc in Creativity and Change Leadership from the International Center for Studies in Creativity at the State University of New York at Buffalo.
A camp director by nature and nurture, you’ll often see her at Mindcamp with a clip board in hand.
Kristen is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
All Wednesday 8:00pm sessions:
- Carpool Innovation The Journey is the destination (Deborah Jann)
- Check Your Privilege Facilitating with an awareness of who’s in the room (Denise Pinto, Robert Wakulat)
- Creative Process Foot Camp 12 simple steps to thinking better (Tim Hurson, Kristen Peterson)
- Dr. Diagnosis Asking the ‘right’ questions to get to the ‘real’ right answer! (Victoria Finn)
- Improvise Your Third How to get to the third third of opportunities through play (Tony Esteves)
- Motivating Audiences Strategies for increasing participant engagement (Bruce Baum)
- Tango Shining Dancing your shadow into the light! (Nicole Dobinson)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?