The Journey is the destination
For adults (teens welcome) • 90 minutes
Wednesday 8:00pm • Centennial 13
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
A funny thing happened… actually, high-impact solutions and an original business idea happened… during the third third at Mindcamp 2016 — on the commute to Pearson airport!
Learn how 3 strangers quickly established rapport and trust and then applied creative problem solving and brain science to their personal challenges. All while in transit. Then take part in a carpool innovation simulation experience to advance thinking and conversation on your own personal or business challenge.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Learn two new icebreakers to quickly establish rapport with your group
- Take part in interactive exercises that quickly get to the root of your challenge and invite thoughtful solutions
- Experience an approach to group decision-making that minimizes conflict and maximizes efficiency and effectiveness
As Founder and Chief Experience Office at Roll Out Innovation, Deborah designs and delivers Roll Outs – strategic, in-transit problem solving experiences. Deborah draws on her intense curiosity and work experiences spanning four careers and three continents to help organizations disrupt with diplomacy for exceptional results.
Prior to launching Roll Out Innovation, Deborah was Senior Associate with Clean Slate Strategies and Principal, Market Development for the Talent and Leadership Development practice at LHH Knightsbridge. She has worked with a variety of clients across industries on the development of smart, ROI-focused leadership and team effectiveness solutions.
Deborah has spoken at a variety of events, including the national conferences of the Municipal Innovators Community, Institute for Performance and Learning, Retail Council of Canada, The North West Company, Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA), The Conference Board of Canada’s Workforce One-Stop 2013 and Women in Leadership and Business.
Deborah is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
All Wednesday 8:00pm sessions:
- Carpool Innovation The Journey is the destination (Deborah Jann)
- Check Your Privilege Facilitating with an awareness of who’s in the room (Denise Pinto, Robert Wakulat)
- Creative Process Foot Camp 12 simple steps to thinking better (Tim Hurson, Kristen Peterson)
- Dr. Diagnosis Asking the ‘right’ questions to get to the ‘real’ right answer! (Victoria Finn)
- Improvise Your Third How to get to the third third of opportunities through play (Tony Esteves)
- Motivating Audiences Strategies for increasing participant engagement (Bruce Baum)
- Tango Shining Dancing your shadow into the light! (Nicole Dobinson)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?