Juicy Fruits of Implementation
Mindsets, emotions and surprising techniques for the preparation-for-implementation phase
For adults • 2 x 90 minutes
Maximum Participants: 24
Saturday 10:45am • Court 4
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
You are in a creative problem solving process. You have clarified your challenge, found ideas, transformed them into solutions. You are now in the third third of the process: preparing for implementation. How do you feel? What techniques do you have in your toolbox to support you in this important phase?
We often talk about this third of the creative process as a return to reality, where rationality rules. And yet preparing for successful implementation is full of emotions. We are often aware of the emotions of the people “receiving” change, but don’t give a lot of thought to the emotions of the people charged with “generating” it. And yet if the key implementers are not properly supported, they may not be at their best—particularly in stressful scenarios.
In this workshop we will explore ways to support implementers with intuitive, emotive, and artistic techniques. Come share our thoughts, and experiment with processes and tools designed to make preparing for implementation an exciting and “juicy” experience!
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Explore the many emotions that can be triggered by the implementation phase, and pinpoint the ones you want to nourish
- Reflect on what might make your solutions more acceptable—and even welcomed
- Experiment with new techniques to help you design your plan of action
Image copyright: peangdao / 123RF Stock Photo
Mexico City, México
Clara is a partner of PIENSA, a consulting firm in México City and in Costa Rica, specializing in organizational development and creativity training and facilitation. She works with organizations across Mexico, and Latin America to facilitate creativity and innovation, to help manage change and transition, and enhance teamwork and leadership.
An artist, and expert in social sciences, Clara has more than 20 years of experience. She has worked extensively for many corporations, in several different fields, including pharmaceutical, financial, cosmetics, insurance, telecommunications, education, food, and social services.
Clara holds a Master of Science degree in Creativity and Innovation from the International Center for Studies in Creativity at Buffalo State College.
Clara is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
Montréal, QC, Canada
Sylvain Rouillard is a psychologist, specialized in creativity and creative problem-solving. He has designed and facilitated workshops and delivering conferences on these themes for 25 years.
He has been teaching the Psychology of Creativity and Creativity Methods in various universities for over 15 years, including Université du Québec à Montréal and Université de Montréal. He has been invited as a speaker at the Creativity Certificate Program at Descartes University in Paris.
For more than ten years, he has designed and facilitated workshops at the annual Creative Problem Solving Institute (CPSI) at Buffalo, as well as CREA, an annual creativity event in Italy. And he has been an enthusiastic facilitator here at Mindcamp for many years.
His knowledge of creativity is combined with experience in real innovation. He helps individuals and teams from public and private organizations in various fields — tourism, architecture, food industry, media, etc. — to gain innovative results. His consulting and training activities have taken him across Québec and Canada, to the United States, Italy, France, Mexico, and India.
With a group of colleagues, he founded Créa-Québec, Québec’s association for the development of creativity.
Sylvain is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
All Saturday 10:45am sessions:
- Bouffon for Everyone Make a painless life-lasting transformation laughing all the way (Massimo Agostinelli)
- Collaborative Decision-Making Collaborate in the third third dimension (Samantha Hurwitz, Marc Hurwitz, Ginny Santos)
- Heaven on Earth I love me, I love me not (Laila Ghattas)
- Juicy Fruits of Implementation Mindsets, emotions and surprising techniques for the preparation-for-implementation phase (Clara Kluk, Sylvain Rouillard)
- Lionhearted Creativity Creative courage and resilience to gain at any loss (Nicole Dobinson)
- Normals, Deeps and Weirds. Oh My! (Jay Aquilanti)
- Solving the Diversity Puzzle Accelerating creativity through equity and inclusion (Gina Paigen)
- WWJaJD? What Would Joe and Jeanne Do? (Paolo Sbuttoni, Tamara Christensen)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?