Creativity Starts with U
Applying Theory U to creative process
For adults • 90 minutes
Friday 10:45am • Centennial 12
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
Do you hear people in your work and life talking about ‘Theory U’? Two years ago, I did too. Come to this session if you’re ready to move, to deep-dive and to discover how MIT’s Theory U opens doors for creativity and can cross-pollinate your work.
If you work with leaders, collaborators, sustainability or systems change, or if you just want to connect to a deeper sense of purpose, there is a place for you in Theory U!
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- An interactive session and a taste of Theory U
- Insight into the cross-over creativity in Theory U
- An inkling if there is something in Theory U for you!
As a composer with more than 15 years experience, Lindsay’s music has been performed across Canada, the UK and Thailand. As a co-founder of a social enterprise her product has been sold across Canada and in 22 United States. Now, as a consultant, she focuses on the cross-over creativity in arts-based and business-based pursuits.
A life-long learner, Lindsay fashions her approaches from a range of disciplines such as Liberating Structures, Action-Learning, Creative Problem Solving, Theory U and uses visual tools like the Flourishing Business Model Canvas and Systems Mapping.
When she’s not customizing presentations, workshops and peer-to-peer circles, Lindsay can be found at board meetings, taking online courses (or MOOCs) or playing music of the 20’s, 30’s and 40’s at her local seniors centre. Lindsay’s most meaningful metaphors come from gardening and surfing, and her favourite quote is, ”Unless you’re an actor, don’t use a script“.
This is Lindsay’s first year presenting at Mindcamp.
All Friday 10:45am sessions:
- Charisma Analysis Digging deeper into the creative self (Alexander von Reumont)
- Creativity Starts with U Applying Theory U to creative process (Lindsay McDonald)
- Deeper Connections (Anik April)
- The Fourth Third Be a pro in getting your Big Idea out (Vikram Swaminadhan)
- Nos Inventa Distilling facilitation insights from the third third of design, delivery and discovery (Ismet Mamnoon)
- Points of You 3rd Third for Developing Perspective (Katie Tagye)
- Whole-Group Facilitation The group is greater than the sum of individuals (Dale Monroe-Cook, Liz Monroe-Cook)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?