Solving the Diversity Puzzle
Accelerating creativity through equity and inclusion
For adults • 2 x 90 minutes
Saturday 10:45am • Court 5
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
This interactive program is for anyone interested in creating an inclusive environment — in organizations, communities, at Mindcamp, or across the globe.
We will examine the research on why inclusion is important for creativity, innovation and organizational success. We will look at the keys to creating equity and inclusion— how to build a foundation of psychological safety, how to recognize and defang systems of privilege, and how to address the issue both from the top-down and the bottom-up.
Participants will leave with a set of tools to help develop short and long-term initiatives that will yield substantive and sustainable change.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Learn what it means to create a culture of inclusion and what the research tells us about why it is important to creativity and innovation
- Understand the keys to creating an inclusive culture from both a personal and an institutional perspective
- Gain set of actionable strategies and help solve the dilemma of how to create more diversity and inclusion
Buffalo, NY, USA
Gina Paigen, PCC, CPCC, CNTC, Founder of ThirdWay Leadership LLC, is a professional coach and leadership development consultant; passionate about guiding individuals and organizations to higher levels of creativity and a deeper sense of purpose. She brings years of diverse experience as coach, facilitator, entrepreneur, writer, and artist.
Gina identifies her life purpose as evolving human consciousness and her work is focused on creating social and organizational cultures that champion both the value of the self-actualized individual, and the power and potential that comes through collaboration and service. Gina’s client list includes UNICEF, World Bank, MIT/Sloan, The Jackson Lab, and Plato’s Closet.
Gina holds three professional coaching certifications, including one in neuroscience and coaching; she is a graduate of CTI’s Leadership and Leadership Way programs, and a certified practitioner of The Leadership Circle Profile™. Gina was a recent presenter at TEDxBuffaloWomen and she has been published in The Huffington Post.
Gina is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
All Saturday 10:45am sessions:
- Bouffon for Everyone Make a painless life-lasting transformation laughing all the way (Massimo Agostinelli)
- Collaborative Decision-Making Collaborate in the third third dimension (Samantha Hurwitz, Marc Hurwitz, Ginny Santos)
- Heaven on Earth I love me, I love me not (Laila Ghattas)
- Juicy Fruits of Implementation Mindsets, emotions and surprising techniques for the preparation-for-implementation phase (Clara Kluk, Sylvain Rouillard)
- Lionhearted Creativity Creative courage and resilience to gain at any loss (Nicole Dobinson)
- Normals, Deeps and Weirds. Oh My! (Jay Aquilanti)
- Solving the Diversity Puzzle Accelerating creativity through equity and inclusion (Gina Paigen)
- WWJaJD? What Would Joe and Jeanne Do? (Paolo Sbuttoni, Tamara Christensen)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?