Creative ways of dealing with difficult people and looking forward to it three thirds of the time!
For adults (teens welcome) • 90 minutes
Thursday 10:45am • Centennial 10
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
Difficult people elicit in you an emotion that you would prefer not to have. How do you find creative ways of dealing with these people so you can make peace not war? How do you close the space between you and them, three thirds of the time?
It takes two people to make a situation difficult. What part do you play and what do you have to learn about yourself? Participants will be asked to suggest scenarios they consider difficult, and we will generate many different approaches to resolving these frustrating situations. The session will be filled with laughter and perhaps a tear or two. Guaranteed to be not only memorable and useful (you’ll get a practical handout with “answers” to life’s most frustrating interactions), but life-spirit enriching as well!
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Learn how to truly listen with an empathetic ear
- Learn what part you play in difficult situations
- Learn powerful tools and techniques for dealing with difficult people
Brookline, MA, USA
Steve Shama is a retired physician and is also a professional speaker. For the past 20 years, he has been giving keynotes and facilitating workshops internationally and nationwide on rediscovering the joys of life.
While his primary audiences have been in the medical profession, his talks have universal application, and are filled with humor, spirited feelings and creative moments. They are guaranteed to leave participants in a wonder-filled place.
Steven is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
All Thursday 10:45am sessions:
- ACT First Practice innovation by building rituals that matter (Tammy Sweeney)
- The Art of 3 Negotiation as a science and an art through improv games and theory (Tessa Manuello)
- Bodystorm! Take your ideas a few steps further (Anik April)
- Difficult People Creative ways of dealing with difficult people and looking forward to it three thirds of the time! (Steven Shama)
- Ka-zam! Unleash your inner creative Superhero (Lee Kitchen)
- Leadership Agility How to cultivate leadership agility in our organizations and our lives (Anne-Marie Kong)
- Moving Toward or Away Leveraging emotions to boost creativity, collaboration and influence (Laura Switalski, Tim Switalski)
- Simplify to Persuade How to move your audience to action (Mahmoud Arafa)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?