The Fourth Third
Be a pro in getting your Big Idea out
For adults (teens welcome) • 90 minutes
Maximum Participants: 20
Friday 10:45am • Court 5
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
The third third is about getting your creative brilliance to flow. The fourth third is where the hard work begins — turning your brilliant ideas into reality.
Thomas Edison said, “Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety nine percent perspiration”. With seven billion people on our planet, the chances of having a completely unique idea are smaller than ever. The hard truth is that someone else is thinking the same thing you are.
The differentiator, then, is the speed with which you can get your idea to market.
In this session, the first ‘thirdy’ minutes will help you get to third third. Fast. The second and third ‘thirdy’ minutes are about fine-tuning your idea, developing a sell sheet, and applying proven boot-strapping tricks to license it.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- A supersonic approach to help you get to the third third — fast
- A step-by step approach to designing a sell sheet that communicates your ideas clearly and compellingly
- A set of proven boot strapping tricks you can use to launch your idea like a pro
Image copyright: vencavolrab78 / 123RF Stock Photo
A multi-disciplinary inventor with a cross-functional business background, Vikram is motivated by his passion for innovation.
His aim is to propagate a systemic approach to creativity in product and process innovation. He believes that everything is inter-related and we have the rather fun job of finding the connections.
Vikram currently works with a range of industries, ideating innovative products and helping them find new meanings for existing ones. An active proponent of creative thinking in schools, he contributes a regular column aimed at young minds for India’s National Newspaper, The Hindu.
Vikram is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
All Friday 10:45am sessions:
- Charisma Analysis Digging deeper into the creative self (Alexander von Reumont)
- Creativity Starts with U Applying Theory U to creative process (Lindsay McDonald)
- Deeper Connections (Anik April)
- The Fourth Third Be a pro in getting your Big Idea out (Vikram Swaminadhan)
- Nos Inventa Distilling facilitation insights from the third third of design, delivery and discovery (Ismet Mamnoon)
- Points of You 3rd Third for Developing Perspective (Katie Tagye)
- Whole-Group Facilitation The group is greater than the sum of individuals (Dale Monroe-Cook, Liz Monroe-Cook)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?