Practice innovation by building rituals that matter
For adults (teens welcome) • 60 minutes
Thursday 10:45am • Centennial 13
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
Even successful people struggle with action. We wait for the big idea to practice innovation, the big client to move in different direction, or for the plan to be 100% right. We wait for clarity to magically happen. Yet we don’t change the world by waiting for the big, the better, the perfect, or the right “thing”. We change the world when we act. We may not know the “right” answer, and we may not have the plan fully developed; yet we can ACT.
In this practical, hands on session, you will harness the power of a simple action to change the course of your success path – be it a humble request for help, a cold call to a prospective client, or connecting two people in your network. Great things happen when we just ACT. This session is for those who want to chart a path forward and may be holding themselves back. You’ll be on your feet, interacting with other participants, looking at your world and identifying high impact actions. You will take risks, get uncomfortable, and live through it. Let’s change the world one action at a time. Let’s take the first step.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Clarity about what is holding you back
- Identify high impact actions to chart your success path
- Courage to act even if not 100% thought out
Image copyright: clabert / 123RF Stock Photo
My strength is helping people and organizations build their capacity. This focus has led me to many different roles in my career, including business leader, HR business partner, learning coach, change facilitator, leadership facilitator, OD specialist, and keynote speaker all of which are connected to my central emphasis on helping people thrive. Most recently, it has helped me to shape and grow the Women In Leadership and Business Conference.
I am passionate about building the right corporate culture that inspires the people at work to be fully engaged and deliver RESULTS. This requires revising and reinventing management practices with the intention of creating an outstanding workforce! I am also passionate about connecting people – to other great leaders, to a greater purpose, and to a life where they THRIVE. Because we ALL want connection.
Building capacity and changing cultures is about transformation through learning and engagement. Every person, team, department and organization has unique needs and they all benefit from a leader who can help them become the best version of themselves. In my work, I develop a deep understanding of my client’s needs so that I can design and direct solutions for maximal growth. From one-on-one coaching to learning programs for thousands of people, I can work with you to help you deliver your best results.
There is no substitute for honest and real communication and connected relationships. My emphasis is on helping teams build a culture where people live the values, seek measurable results, and hold each other accountable.
This is Tammy’s first year presenting at Mindcamp.
All Thursday 10:45am sessions:
- ACT First Practice innovation by building rituals that matter (Tammy Sweeney)
- The Art of 3 Negotiation as a science and an art through improv games and theory (Tessa Manuello)
- Bodystorm! Take your ideas a few steps further (Anik April)
- Difficult People Creative ways of dealing with difficult people and looking forward to it three thirds of the time! (Steven Shama)
- Ka-zam! Unleash your inner creative Superhero (Lee Kitchen)
- Leadership Agility How to cultivate leadership agility in our organizations and our lives (Anne-Marie Kong)
- Moving Toward or Away Leveraging emotions to boost creativity, collaboration and influence (Laura Switalski, Tim Switalski)
- Simplify to Persuade How to move your audience to action (Mahmoud Arafa)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?