Painting Your Life
For adults • Mind U session
Maximum Participants: 12
Daily 9:00am • Daniel Centre
Time and location subject to change (what isn’t?)
Building on the personal insights that came out of last year’s inaugural exploration of Painting Your Life, artist and facilitator Russell Thomas will encourage participants to go even deeper with the help of his wife Heather, an accomplished yoga instructor, craniosacral therapy practitioner and Full Body Presence presenter. Participants will go to places, memories and forgotten moments through a combination of meditation, deep breathing, and painting.
“This is about the journey, not the destination.”
By connecting to memory and creating from the heart, powerful expressions of your deepest experiences, feelings, motivators and insights will emerge on your canvas.
First Third — rediscover the joy of painting and connecting to your creative self.
Second Third — go to memories and moments through guided meditation.
Third Third — mine personal insights and long forgotten fragments of self through deep breathing and relaxation techniques.
The Skinny: 3 things you will get from this session
- Being able to create from the heart, rather from the head
- Deep breathing and relaxation techniques
- How to effectively tap into one’s greatest teacher: ourselves
Fort McMurray, AB
Russell Thomas is an emerging portrait artist based in Fort McMurray. By day, he contracts his communication expertise to a variety of clients, including The United Way of Fort McMurray. By night and on weekends, he creates wild colour portraits and murals in a style reminiscent of Fauvism.
A freelance writer, social media guru, actor and facilitator, Russell is also a recovered municipal politician (he lost his last election – the therapy is going great!).
Russell is a returning presenter. Click here to see their sessions from previous years.
Fort McMurray, AB
A successful facilitator of Health and Healing, Heather Thomas has been working in the personal wellness field for over 10 years. She is a registered massage therapist (RMT) specializing in craniosacral therapy and energy healing. She is also an experienced yoga instructor (ERYT) with a background in meditation, restorative, therapeutic, and hatha yoga techniques.
Heather loves sharing her passion for wellness one on one, in groups, classes, workshops and retreats. The joy and excitement she holds for her craft shines through in everything she does.
This is Heather’s first year presenting at Mindcamp. Sessions include:
All Daily 9:00am sessions:
- Breaking It Open Finding the gifts in adversity (Beth Slazak, Missy Carvin)
- Focus on Behavior Attitudes and intentions do not predict behavior — habits DO (Daniel Epstein)
- Mastercoach! Strategies for unlocking creative potential in yourself and others (Cora Robinson, Francois Coetzee)
- Painting Your Life (Russell Thomas, Heather Thomas)
- Storyland The magic land of picture telling (Jim Ridge)
- The Third Eye Evolving your way of seeing (Mary Ellyn Vicksta)
- Third Party Time! How to engage your stakeholders for an innovation no one wants to hear about (Edouard Le Marechal)
- Time Being Experiments in resetting your internal clock (Matteo Catullo, Tim Hurson)
- …or why not just hop to another random session?